Borough of Ellwood City Announces Utility Account Budget Plan
Ellwood City Borough Council adopted Resolution #2004-4 approving a budget payment plan for utility accounts under the following provisions:
- Customers may complete the application form provided by the Borough during the annual open enrollment period from the third Monday in March through the third Friday in April.
- The first budget-billing amount will appear on the May utility bill
- The maximum budget periods will be twelve (12) months with all balances due to be settled in the twelfth month.
- The budget amount shall be determined by taking the average of the most recent twelve months utility bills.
- The Borough reserves the option of reviewing the account to reestablish the budget amount if unusual fluctuations should occur.
- All components of the utility bill will be considered when determining the budget amount such as electric, sewage, and recycling.
- Commercial accounts that are charged sales tax shall always pay the actual sales tax amount
- Customers failing to pay the budget amount in full by the normal due date will be subject to late charges and normal shut off procedures.
- Customers on the budget plan who fail to pay in full by the normal due date three (3) or more times within the twelve-month plan period will become ineligible for future budget plans.
- Customers on the budget plan SHLL NOT be eligible for additional payment arrangements.
- All tenants wishing to make application must first have written consent from the landlord on the prescribed application form provided by the Borough of Ellwood City.;
- New customers may no become eligible for the budget plan until the next annual enrollment period.
Applications may be picked up in the Electric Billing Office.
All signed applications must be returned by Friday, April 17, 2020, at 3:00 p.m. Any questions, please contact the Borough of Ellwood City at 724-758-7777.